1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'Google' started by danielle davidson, Jul 27, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I have some extensions from Google that I like to use. I have an ad blocker and I have to say that I love it. That way I don't have to worry about looking at ads all the time and seeing them pop up. I hate when they do because I worry that I will get a virus from them. I think that the Ad blocker has been the best thing that I did for my browser. Do you use the Ad Blocker from Google?

2. 111kg New Member

111kg

Ad Blocker was not developed by Google. Google would never develop such a tool, mainly because most of their earnings come from advertising. If people don't see ads, they obviously don't click on them and therefore, Google does not make any money.

I do have Ad Blocker, but only on Chrome and not on Mozilla. I need to see what kind of ads appear on my websites, reason why I keep it active on my main browser.

3. Alunny Member

Alunny

I use ad blocker plus, the other one was no good for me. I've been hit by drive by's before from having ads enabled so it's definitely something that makes me feel better. Also I feel better about bandwidth usage too and things seem to load faster.

Also since many ads today are made to look like next arrows or download links they can be very confusing and very easily clicked by accident. That stuff should be banned!! It makes me feel a lot safer knowing my next, download, play, and other images or links I see are legitimate (and no popups for clicking them!)