1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Additional features on Bing

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Webben, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Webben New Member

Webben

Google features such as books, maps and scholar are just a few additional Google products available that all have their uses. I have noticed that Bing also has some additional features such as maps, translator and news. What are your opinions of these features if you have used them? How do things like Bing Maps compare with Google Maps? I would imagine they be very similar, but do you have a preference for one over the other? Google Scholar is something Bing does not have an equivalent product for that could appeal to a large demographic of academics.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

I use Google Earth and, of course, AdSense. I use Bing maps because I'm already in Bing and don't think there's much of a difference between them. I actually prefer Mapquest, but Google doesn't put them on top anymore now that they have their own. I've tried other Google products and, while they may be okay, I've already got other products that do the same thing, and which I already know how to use. If not for the idea that Google Plus might have some benefit in SERPs, I wouldn't even bother having an account there and, as it is, I seldom use it.

3. Sly14Cat New Member

Sly14Cat

I've never tried them before but it seems pretty interesting that Microsoft is going for the same thing. I've noticed that within the Windows 8(.1) environment that they're going for the whole integration thing with People, Calendar, One Drive, Store, etc. I don't really care to try their stuff though, Google does the job for me.

4. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I have never seen any of the Bing maps or anything like that, but I would imagine that it would be good. I wouldn't compare it to Google though. I feel that Google has the best. I overall think that Google is the leading site and that everyone wants to just follow what they are doing. I can't blame them because it will earn them more money, but I don't think that they would be as good as Google's.

rabst likes this.
  5. rabst New Member

rabst

When I saw Bing Maps (which Bing has been working to upgrade), I searched to find a comparison between Bing- and Google-Maps. For now, the comparison runs similar to your (and I suppose ANY logical person's) judgment ... while Bing might have 'better-detailed images,' Google is more-connected & thus better-able to help you connect to ACTUAL PEOPLE through the maps!!