1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Bing is testing a new search Carousel

Discussion in 'Bing' started by toradrake, Dec 9, 2014.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

Looks like Bing is moving along. Apparently Bing is testing a new search carousel for their search engine containing a scrolling results feature at the top.

Don't be confused by all the ad's and pic's on this article. Just keep scrolling down to read the whole article.

Bing Testing Search Carousel as Google Rolls Out Replacement

rabst likes this.
  2. rabst New Member

rabst

Makes me feel like an "old fogey," with the general pre-judgment "Ehh, just another 'new algorhythm formed by mashing-up the old algorhythms & doing some feng shui on the mixture."

(going aheand & looking at the page) ... Oh! "Carousel" is a display-time (not a new algorhythm or search-engine mash-up)---basically just 'front-window remodeling,' it looks like.

Reminds me of Twelve Monkeys (SPOILER ALERT!)

... in which Bruce Willis's character goes back in time to stop a plague that spreads in the future, but can't stop it before it spreads in exactly the same way killing exactly as many people. I'm reminded of this because 'changing their appearance' is something that search-engines are going to do and they're not going to stop.