1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Buying Facebook Fans

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by Jason76, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Is this tactic dishonest, as your paying someone to like something they might not really like? For instance, if you have a low income, then you might like a Facebook page just to get money. It's very similar to people buying reviews of products. Ultimately buying opinions can give people a false view of page or product quality and popularity.

2. kazzak New Member

kazzak

You wouldn't be getting any real people to like your page in the first place, so the whole touchfeely "but they have no money so they must like our pages" is quite irrelevant. All the sold likes, shares and whatnot, no matter how advertised, are from fake accounts. But in general the whole practice is quite useless, and unless you're able to run them in yourself for free there is no reason to go paying.

I admit that I tend to use fake likes and profiles when starting a new site to make it look a bit more active, but when the snowball starts to roll I stip adding more. The profiles will get deleted from time to time, but ultimately that just means that they'll be replaced with actual, legitimate users then. Sure it skews the game, but when everyone from your regular mom and pop store to the POTUS does it, you can't really afford not to play by their rules.

3. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I honestly think that it is tacky. Why would you want to pay someone who might not like something of yours? I honestly don't think that likes are all that important. I know that they can be companies, but that is just awful if you do that. Especially if you're doing it and then paying these people after. In the world we live in today this is so common place, it's sad to think that there are people out there who have been paid just to like something on someone's page or to like a page. It's easy money, but how honest is that? I think that people should worry less about likes and more about the quality of something.