1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Editing Posts

Discussion in 'Using the Forum' started by WDFAdmin, Dec 14, 2014.

1. WDFAdmin Administrator

Staff Member

Like most forums that I am aware of, forum members are unable to delete posts and are able to edit their posts for only a short time after the post is made. I think I have it set for one hour.

The reason for this is that I have run forum before and, sooner or later, someone will get upset about something, or maybe try to erase themselves from the Internet or something, and they will either delete all of their posts if they are allowed to, otherwise they will edit the content out of them, leaving the forum broken, because anything posted after the removed post will no longer make any sense.

I know that I appreciate the ability to edit my posts when I notice a typo or some other error, and I admire anyone who takes pride in their words, so I hate that I have to do this, but I do.

If you come across something that you'd like changed in one of your posts, please message me and I'll fix it for you, and hope that it doesn't become a full-time job.