1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Facebook Groups

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by danielle davidson, Jul 24, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

Do you like to use Facebook groups to get people to come to your page? I know that there are a bunch of groups that you can join where you can promote your page. I think that it would be a good way to promote the site that you have because I'm sure that there would be people willing to look at it, if you also looked at theirs. So, I mean I just think that it's another good way to get people to come to your page. What do you think? Is it a good way, and if it is have you used it before?

2. cwvps New Member

cwvps

Definitely, Facebook groups are a great way to do this. It is important though to find groups from your niche or at least relevant to it and always, when posting, contribute some value to the discussion, give feedback, answer questions and help if you can those who are looking for help. People will be happy to follow you back to your page.

3. Jason76 Member

Jason76

You can also advertise business offers on Facebook groups. However, they are often so saturated with offers that viewers won't pay much attention to your offer. The same situation might also pop up with your subject, page promotion.

4. Scorp Member

Scorp

I've read that it can bring a lot of traffic. I also used this method, but not extensively.

In fact, I just used it a week ago. I joined a bunch of groups, and after I was accepted in about 80 of them, I put them in a notepad and fired up this program to autopost in Groups.

Well, the program I had is a free one I found online, and I ran into issues - no thumbnail on posts, when it would run into a group that won't allow me to post, the bot would stop.

So now I stopped that until I can find a bot that works better.

That said, I've read about people making good money and getting good traffic from Facebook groups. And from the posts I made in the past week I've gotten some clicks to my site and some likes and stuff on those Facebook posts. Although, nothing major.

I'll know better soon when I get a better bot that won't stop posting when it runs into an issue and that will show thumbnail when I post a link.

5. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Perhaps it depends on what your selling. However, all the biz opportunity stuff seems the same. What would make your ad stand out? Perhaps my honesty killed my ad. I admitted you would only make a a couple a hundred a month from my offer. What would make someone reject an ad like that? Perhaps it's not enough money, or they figure your not making enough in proportion to the time put in.

6. Scorp Member

Scorp

Yeah, some... concealing of the truth might be beneficial to your advertising. In the real world, that concealing of the truth, they call that marketing haha!

About me, I was not offering a make money opportunity, but promoting a site for social media services; where people can buy followers and likes and stuff like that.

I believe the biggest issue I had was that my posts had a link and hashtags and text, but no thumbnail. I mean, it didn't stand out. Without a nice thumbnail I'm sure I lose clicks that I could've otherwise gotten. That's why I've paused this "spamming" at the moment until I find a better program to use that will display the thumbnail too.