1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Favorite Browser?

Discussion in 'Web Browsers' started by danielle davidson, Jun 12, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

There are so many different browsers out there that it's hard to know what ones are good or not. I like to use Chrome that's my favorite. I like it because it comes from Google, and that's the search engine that I use. I will not use Internet explorer just for the fact that I heard it's a good way to catch a virus, and that's the last thing that I want to happen. Firefox is another good one that I have downloaded onto my laptop, but I don't use that one as much. I have a PC, so I'm unable to use safari, but I do also like that one. So, what is your favorite browser and why?

2. vtech New Member

Google Chrome because of its inspect Element feature and tools like page rank and MOZ. Also because Zen Mate can be used in it best for ip switching

3. 111kg New Member

At least on my laptop, Chrome really sucks. It need a lot of resources, while Mozilla works totally fine. Moreover, Mozilla is a little bit friendlier with the user and has lots of good tools that can easily be placed on a bar, reason why it's by far my favorite browser.

4. rabst New Member

My computer came with IE as the 'default,' so I used that for as long as I could. But it came with the Windows Vista OS, and the IE-version that was loaded doesn't get the free upgrade to IE 10. Since the IE I was using doesn't run 'all the sites I want to use' (I'm thinking of Pizza Hut's online orders, but there are enough others that won't work either), I went ahead and a) downloaded Chrome & b) made it my default browser.

I don't like that it doesn't automatically erase settings-or-something when I close the browser; but that just gives my Ccleaner (disk-tidying program) 'work to do' more-often.

5. jblogger New Member

@111kg in my laptop Chrome doesn't work either and that's a shame because I really liked Chrome. I have a HP ProBook 4530s and have had it for the last 3 years and during these 3 years I've installed many versions of Chrome on both Windows 7 and Ubuntu but the browser just hangs up without even loading a single page.

These 3 years I've used mostly Firefox and I really like it. I remember it used to feel slow and use a lot of RAM but now I don't notice if it's eating a lot of RAM and the browser is always responsive. So, i'm a Firefox guy right now.

6. 111kg New Member

Chrome is so bad you can't even play a lot of games because Google doesn't offer anymore any Flash support. It's a lost cause IMHO. I only open Chrome when I have to test apps at work and it's more than enough for me. #teamMozilla.

7. tlspiegel New Member

I'm online working from morning to night, more than 10 hours a day. I have always used Internet Explorer exclusively, and will continue to do so. I also have Mozilla Firefox open and will go back and forth between the two browsers when doing my research. Additionally, I have Opera, and Pale Moon installed on my desktop computer, but rarely found a need to use it. For the life of me, I can't see why people love Chrome, but they do. But, that's what makes the world go 'round... not everyone likes the same things. ;) I tried Chrome and uninstalled it after two days. It was a bit much removing it from my registry, but I finally accomplished that!

Currently I am using IE 11, Windows 7. I have never had a problem with security, and use the free edition of AVG AntiVirus for protection. I run my Pups and Malware apps once a month and my computer runs fast and never crashes. Why do I stay with IE? Because I like the interface and for me it's more user-friendly than any other browser.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    rabst likes this.
  8. Firefox is my favorite browser. I always using this browser only.

9. fastreplies Original Member

I would have much more easier time to define which I don't like

10. reddyash New Member

I will always go with chrome and the second choice would be firefox.

11. proxy New Member

Google chrome and mozilla for me