1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Getting into Google News

Discussion in 'Google' started by toradrake, Jan 3, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

I just read an interesting article that talks about why you should and how you can get your business story into Google News. It appears to aid you in getting your site in and up in Google's search results and helps with exposure of your business also. I thought a few of you (especially content writers and marketers) would be interested in this. I am debating on eventually trying these methods out with my store when I get it up and running.

How to Get Your Story into Google News

2. Rainman New Member

Strange thing is when I had an entertainment blog, I'd get traffic from Google News. At that time I thought the reason probably was because my URL and meta description tags had the keywords "news and story." What I didn't know though was that you had to submit your site to Google News before they started sending you traffic. Did someone do it for me [submit my site, that is]? I guess I'll never find out.

Anyway, while looking through Google's guidelines I found this:
    In addition to the tips given in the article you linked to, webmasters need to keep this in mind or else . . .

3. Scorp Member

I use Google news sometimes to get ideas for articles to write. Not often, but it happens.

My reasoning is this. If a topic appears in Google News, then Google must "sanction" those news, in a way.

So then they won't "hold it against me" if I post that article on my website. Of course, not that exact article, just a rewritten article of that original one. Or I may go to a few posts about the topic and collect information and write an article using that information.

Anyway, Google is pretty fast to post news, so you can get a bunch of news and choose what you're interested in writing about.

That's a good one @Rainman , so they don't want you to make money from the traffic you may get from Google News... nice :p

Rainman likes this.
  4. toradrake Member

That is pretty interesting. Maybe someone who likes your stuff submits it to Google without your knowledge as you suspect. As far as I can tell, you have to submit a story before it can be considered unless Google searches the net for stories and adds them based on some criteria or something.... I don't know. When it comes to Google... they like God work in mysterious ways. LOL