1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Gibiru

Discussion in 'Search Engines' started by toradrake, Dec 23, 2014.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

Anyone have any experience with or know anything about Gibiru. It is suppose to be an anonymous proxy search engine for Firefox. Firefox also seems to have an accompaniment to the toolbar called Anonymox that adds even more privacy. I was going to download these to my Firefox to see how they are, but I wanted to check with you guys to see if you know anything about them already.

2. Rainman New Member

Rainman

I haven't used Gibiru yet but I found an interesting article about it.
    http://fatsquirrel.org/oldfartsalma...fully-anonymous-uncensored-search-enginequot/
    I have used Anonymox in the past. At that time it was an extension. You'd click on it, select a Geographic location where you want [it to appear you were] browsing from and Anonymox would find you the right proxy server. IMO if you have Anonymox then Gibiru would be of little use to you because you aren't using your real IP anymore. If all you want is anonymity when using a search engine then quite obviously if you have Anonymox installed, you have that covered.

3. Scorp Member

Scorp

I've used Anonymox too.

I find that it does what it's supposed to do.

You enable the add-on, restart Firefox, and pick a proxy. If I remember correctly they only have a few proxies you can use, 1 being from the UK, 1 from the US and 1 from the Netherlands.

When finished, disable the add-on and restart Firefox, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

It works well, I'd recommend it.

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

I think I'll check out this Anonymox. It sounds like it would be the better option.

Scorp likes this.