1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Good and Bad Panda and Penguin

Discussion in 'Google' started by toradrake, Feb 3, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I was reading this article on the Panda and Penguin updates. In the opening of the article it talks about what Penguin and Panda were theoretically suppose to do and says that it pretty much accomplished its goal but it cause some problems along with it.

How many agree with this and can you give examples of why you agree or disagree?

Google’s Panda and Penguin Updates May Raise Site Values

2. xTinx New Member

xTinx

I have no qualms about these algorithms but what's wrong with them is their non-stop updates. There's always a new version, a new set of rules to adhere to. If you can't keep up with recent changes, then expect your rankings to drop without preamble.

3. SimplySidy Member

SimplySidy

I never understood SEO and its monetization. To me, it was a tactics used by Google to control and become a super power on the Internet but its ramifications have been too bad for the Internet Community - specially the ones with low budgets - they could not hire the so-called experts and had little time to learn more of these lingo on their own.

Agreed, that all these stuff has made searches easier and more beneficial from the user's perspective, but many have abused it to gain something which they did not deserve.

I always believe - speak your own self, write for your visitors and everything else will follow. They say - there is no shortcut to be successful and I have lots and lots of time and patience.