1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Hello All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bigtime, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Bigtime New Member

Bigtime

Hello All,
    My name is John AKA Bigtime. I have about 65 or so different web directories using PhpMyDirectory. I have tried several other directory scripts also including directorypress and writing my own script in asp, but mainly stick to PMD. I look forward to learning from many of you in this forum. :)

Ray likes this.
  2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Welcome to the forum, @Bigtime -- I am just beginning to become familiar with phpMyDirectory and am liking what I see, and my directory of directories uses DirectoryPress. It works okay for that but I'd never create another directory in DirectoryPress. Isn't 65 directories a bit much to keep up with? I know I have a lot of sites that I am unable to keep up with, and they're not (for the most part) directories.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  3. Bigtime New Member

Bigtime

Thanks for the welcome Converse. I started a couple of directories with DirectoryPress and was not really impressed with it. Although it is nice for the price plus the unlimited use of the license, it just seemed to lack some robustness that I was looking for. I probably could have spent a little more time with working with it and maybe realized some of the full features.

65 Directories is actually quite easy to keep up with, especially when the directories run themselves. Although there are only 3 or 4 that I am real serious with (where I actively pursue additional sales), the rest are there as domain name fillers if you will. I do offer free and paid listings on most of the directories. But managing them is quite easy as the script has always done most of the work. I also do a few things to make things easier. But I get the reports each day so it is just a matter of looking at the report each day and a few follow up things. The rest of my time I can spend on sales and marketing.