1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

How did you learn about SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engines' started by greatnate, Oct 30, 2014.

1. CyberGal New Member

CyberGal

I've been creating websites for over 14 years now so it's really hard for me to remember how I first learned about SEO. I do remember attending a weekly radio show by a guy who would give us advice on how to implement it within our pages. Over the years it's changed so much and been so interesting to watch. Anymore I struggle to keep up with it because it seems to change almost overnight making me miss those old radio shows.

2. Billy New Member

Billy

The good thing is that the basics of SEO haven't changed much. As long as you know the basics, you will have a good foundation to build upon. I visit SEO forums pretty much daily, and it keeps me in the loop of any changes or improvements.

3. CyberGal New Member

CyberGal

Yes, I do feel blessed to have such a good foundation and it does seem to serve me well. It's almost as if it's ingrained within me though because I really don't think much about it anymore, just go about doing my business only to later discover that I did OK with the search engines LOL I do visit a lot of forums that discuss blogging and SEO and read that too. Sometimes the new information can be overwhelming. I do believe that you're right though... The basics really don't ever change.

4. Converse Active Member

Converse

There are things to be learned but, for the most part, the people who like to make it sound so complicated are those who'd like you to pay them to do it for you.

5. Aree Wongwanlee New Member

Aree Wongwanlee

I have only been playing with websites for just a few years. However, in that short time, I have noticed that whatever people may claim about SEO, there is no substitute for content. SEO, for the most part, is adjusting the content to make it more attractive to the search engines. It should not be the other way round which is writing content with SEO solely in mind.

6. rectorsec38 New Member

rectorsec38

SEO learning is an endless process and you can learn from SEO experts, blogs, forums etc.

7. athena02 New Member

athena02

I started a few years ago, doing odd jobs as a freelancer. I think the one that taught me the most was a job I had as a Virtual Assistant. The client I worked for was already pretty experienced himself, and only needed some help with a few things. He pretty much formed me, with step by step instructions as he gave me more responsibility.

8. May102014 New Member

May102014

I am a freelancer and I learn SEO from my client. At first I don't know exactly the purpose of SEO are but when I had my training I learn a lot of things. I learned that we can gain money from using internet marketing through learning SEO.

9. Converse Active Member

Converse

SEO is basically just understanding that you are creating your pages for two audiences -- people and spiders. The optimization comes in when you can learn to write for people in such a way that you confuse the spiders. For example, while people might be able to understand that you have moved from one topic from another, on a web site that should be done in another page or the spiders won't know what the page is about.

The rest of it, such as link building, forum posting, guest blogging, and the like, are actually a part of marketing, often referred to as off--page SEO. That can help people to find your site but, of course, if your site isn't worth finding, it isn't going to do you a lot of good.

10. peopletrendin New Member

peopletrendin

Hi,

SEO is my first job and i learned about seo after joining the company.I took a training of doing seo.
    SEO is the practice of improving and promoting a website to increase the number of visitors the site receives from search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web.

11. Jason76 Member

Jason76

A friend at a church I was attending was into domain names and websites. Therefore, I got my first interest there. At first, though it may sound foolish, I fell for some "get rich quick ad" on television. I bought a product website and, as you might expect, didn't make any cash. Think about it. How can you compete with Wal-Mart?

Nonetheless, all this stuff fueled my early interest which later grew stronger. By the time it was 2008, I started to make real websites which made a decent income. That amount was around 400 a month.

12. tasha New Member

tasha

I found a site that gives a great tutorial called SEO samurai. Once you can follow their instructions and tutorials you are fully aware of how seo works and you can become a pro. I unfortunately have not had time to complete the tutorial and I often have articles that never get any views. Once you czn figure out seo then you can start making money online, seo is the key!