1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

.io Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Domains' started by 111kg, Sep 1, 2015.

1. 111kg New Member

111kg

What do you think about the new extensions? I see that .io extension is quite popular nowadays (probably because of the game Agar.io), but truth be told, I don't think this extension is seen with good eyes by Google. Has anyone ever seen a site built on an .io extensio ranking on the first page for its main keyword? Because I haven't.

2. vtech New Member

vtech

well results dont really depend on domain extension. Its the mindset of people and i believe people more are looking for .com domains

3. 111kg New Member

111kg

I beg to differ. I've tried to rank using both white hat and black hat SEO methods to rank a .co in my local country and I failed. I moved the content to a .com and ranked the site on the first page after one week. No matter what is told, the extension still counts.

4. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

I don't think extensions really matter in SEO or in search engines.
    It is more on user preference.

5. jblogger New Member

jblogger

I've seen a lot of internet startups using .IO these days. It's quite popular but so far it hasn't been my number one choice when looking for a new domain. I'm yet to register one .IO, i'm sticking around with .COM :)