1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

IxQuick Search Engine

Discussion in 'Meta Search Engines' started by toradrake, Jan 29, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I started testing out this search engine I found called IxQuick. I really like it. It is not the prettiest set up, the sponsored ad's blend in a bit with the regular search listing, but so far it seems pretty accurate. What I love most is this is supposed to be a secured search. Not that I care about anyone following me on the net (I don't need to hide) but it is nice to know that my privacy is not being violated. Have any of you tried it? What is your thoughts on it?

BTW: It is a Meta Search Engine.

Here is a link to their about page

Note to Admin: I forgot there was a metasearch engine board and so I edited this and put in here that it is a meta search engine so that you would be prompted to move it over to the right board. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Converse Active Member

Converse

The ixquick and the start page meta search engines are one and the same, just operating under different names by the same company, providing Google results without the privacy concerns. It began as ixquick but, perhaps because people were having trouble remembering the name, they are rebranding as start page.

Thanks. I'll never get upset about that sort of thing.

3. toradrake Member

toradrake

Yeah, after downloading WhiteHat Aviator web browser, I changed the search to the IxQuick to see if it will work together. Not sure how they are working yet, still "observing".