1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Meta searching

Discussion in 'Meta Search Engines' started by toradrake, Oct 31, 2014.

1. ducklord Member

ducklord

@Converse Hmmm... Yeah, indeed, but I always thought "meta-search" as a term referred to tools and solutions that were created especially for "multi-searching and finding exactly what you want among gazillions of results" (like the Copernic desktop tool - at least, "as it was about ten years ago when I'd first used it").

For example, and we're getting on "dark" territory here, law-wise, I don't know if you know or use the "Bit Che" tool, that is actually kind of a meta-search for... er... torrents. Although it IS "a meta search tool", it doesn't "help out in picking the correct result" - so I don't personally regard it as a "true meta-tool".

Although it is.

Damn, my mind's overthinking about stuff like that, making no sense in the end... :-D

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Yeah, that's why I used the phrase "might be," because that would be a loose definition.

3. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I feel liek there are a lot of search engines out there are none have been able to stand up to Google. If you think about it there was Yahoo adnf Bing and neither were able to stand up to Google. Neither of them have been as successful as Google. And I've also heard of some other search engines out there and they also didn't even become as popular. I'm sure that there will be plenty more search engines to come. The thing is, will they be able to stand up to Google?

4. carolRuth New Member

carolRuth

In meta searching user is not using just one search engine but a combination of many search engines at once to optimize Web searching and also can say as search tool that uses another search engine's data to produce their own results from the Internet. Meta search engine must use its own algorithm to choose the best results from multiple search engines.

5. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

I looked in to it and I don't see anything interesting about it?
    No offense guys but it just because I honestly have no idea of what it is.
    But I'm still curious??

6. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

I looked in to it and I don't see anything interesting about it?
    No offense guys but it just because I honestly have no idea of what it is.
    But I'm still curious??

7. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Not really.
    Meta searches acting like scrapers. They go to lets say Google and look at
    what it has and then publish results for you to safe trip to Google, Bing etc.

:)

fastreplies