1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Microsoft Bing Is Gonna Miss Jon Stewart At Comedy Central's "the Daily Show"

Discussion in 'Bing' started by rabst, Aug 6, 2015.

1. rabst New Member

This morning, Microsoft Bing's rewards-program sent me a sort-of-an obituary about comedy-news anchor Jon Stewart. It tells us a few facts (which I'll repeat here in case you don't-want-to/can't see the whole slideshow that they accompany ... or does the slide-show accompany them?)

1. Jon Stewart was voted "Best Sense of Humor" at his New Jersey high-school.
    2. His real last name was "Liebowitz," but he and his wife changed it to Stewart (which I think was his middle-name) when they got married.
    3. For six months in college he was a Pi Kappa Alpha, and when he quit them he insisted that fraternities "serve no purpose."
    4. He met his wife Tracey on a blind date set up by the production-assistant of Wishful Thinking---a movie in which he starred, co-starring Drew Barrymore.
    5. He proposed to his wife via custom-made crossword-puzzle.
    6. He played soccer on The College of William and Mary (in Virginia)'s team.
    7. He had a small role in The First Wives' Club (a movie starring Bette Midler, Diane Keaton and Goldie Hawn), but the film-editors decided that his part didn't contribute enough to the story to remain in the final reel.
    8. They say he has an asteroid named after him (though I couldn't find anything about it on Microsoft Bing).
    9. You know, he left the show before (for the brief 'sabbatical' he used to film his Rosewater ... although the show was still titled "... with Jon Stewart" the whole time---makes me wonder whether they'll change it when Trevor Noah takes-over).
    10. Did his last stand-up routine in 1986 (at the Bitter End Club, in New York City), and only got halfway-through his set.
    You can use any of those fact to 'take this thread off on a tangent,' but I bring it up here as it again-shows Microsoft Bing's 'one of us guys'-social-level.