1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Microsoft tweaks Torque 2.0

Discussion in 'Bing' started by toradrake, Dec 9, 2014.

1. toradrake Member

Apparently Microsoft decided to do some tweaking to Torque 2.0. Now all you need to do is shake your phone and speak your inquiry, the search will go directly to Bing.

Microsoft Adds Shake & Search Feature to Torque 2.0

2. Billy New Member

Is this speaking thing actually getting traction? I don't know, I'm not someone who uses the Internet on their phone, I only use my phone for text messaging and phone calls, all of my browsing is done at home.

3. Converse Active Member

My phone is capable of going online; in fact, we use it as a hotspot in lieu of an ISP but I rarely go online with my phone. When I do, it's mostly to see how my own sites look on a mobile phone. When I do, I use Chrome on my phone and, of course, it defaults to Google for search. My wife uses voice to search online, I know, but I've never tried it.

4. toradrake Member

Most of the younger generation practically live on their phones. Internet, text, talk... they have their social media's linked to their phones also. So I guess this feature will be great for them. I can see how it would come in handy though. If you are unable to type for some reason you just shake and speak. I also see the downfall, every time the phone shakes even unintentionally... the app opens.