1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

MySpace

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by CyberGal, Nov 25, 2014.

?

Do you use MySpace?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Billy New Member

Billy

Exactly. I see the fact that people have a ton of friends on FB keeping them there. I remember when I used MySpace many years ago, I only switched to Facebook because all of my friends abandoned the site and moved to FB. That would be rare to happen nowadays, if another, better site came along, because some people have thousands of friends, and the chance of every single one of their friends switching to another site would be odd, so they'd at least keep FB, but use another site as well.

blur92 likes this.
  2. SimplySidy Member

SimplySidy

Quite so. Even me has now a feeling and desire to log in at least once a day. If you hopped onto my profile, you would not find much happening on it as I rarely share from my end. But yes, there are a few friends whose posts I just love to read or view. These past days, it is not even that factor. I hop on just to say Hi to them, even in cases they havent shared much.

3. blur92 New Member

blur92

Also, considering the majority of folks have a Facebook makes it is the easiest way to connect with others. I have friends who use twitter or tumblr, but it seems more impersonal. They don't necessarily engage in conversation in the same way they would with Facebook. I'm not saying they altogether don't communicate and only post updates, but it's more nonchalant. That's how it seems to me.

4. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I never actually had MySpace, so Facebook was the first social media site that I used. I loved it though when it first started out. I wanted MySpace, but I'm kind of glad that I didn't get one, they seem like a waste. I'm not even a huge fan of Facebook anymore. To me, all these sites are just a waste of time. I find that it's actually boring being on those sites all the time.