1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

PHP Link Directory

Discussion in 'Directory Scripts/Themes' started by toradrake, Mar 8, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

Anyone ever use this to create a directory with before. I came across it and I was wondering what every ones opinion on it is.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Yes, it's probably the most popularly used directory script. Two of the three directories that I am currently working for use phpLD. It is a solid web directory script, fairly easy to figure out, and there are a lot of free and premium themes available for it. Plus, you'd have no trouble finding someone who could make modifications to it for a price. Although my next one is going to be phpMyDirectory, one of the directories that I am slowly working on for myself uses a phpLD script. I don't have it yet but it seems that its latest release also features responsive design.

3. toradrake Member

toradrake

Ok, I have never worked with directory scripting before. Can you direct me to where I can find a user manual on this thing. LOL I downloaded the free version to learn it, but I could not figure out how to work with it.

4. KenBrace New Member

KenBrace

I don't know much about directory scripts but I've seen several directories that have a very similar layout and I'm guessing they are all running the same software. It's probably the PHP Link Directory script you mentioned. Might look into that.

5. Converse Active Member

Converse

Alunny likes this.
  6. toradrake Member

toradrake

Oh ok, I did not even think to look in the support page. I was looking on the net for instructions. LOL

Thanks for the link @Converse. Looks like I might be starting to build my directory soon and I wanted to get my ducks all in a row before I began.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. toradrake Member

toradrake

I looked over the manual you linked to... It is for a newer version then what I downloaded. I got version 2 and the manual is for version 5. It should be the same premise but may have some differences. The site I got version 2 from was a different site then the version 5. That may be why I did not find it before. I am going to work on it in the near future to see what happens. I'll let you know.