1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

PInterest, what am I missing ?

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by mr_bucks, Jan 21, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

2. xTinx New Member

xTinx

Not many people know that Pinterest caters to businesses too. They think it's all about sharing pictures yadayada when, to begin with, much of advertising is a combination of pictures and words. Ever received a flyer from a real estate agent? That's exactly how Pinterest pins should look like to attract prospects. Anyway, just sharing this link for business owners who don't know how to use Pinterest to their advantage: https://business.pinterest.com/en.

3. dyanmarie25 New Member

dyanmarie25

Actually, Pinterest can be an effective way to boost your business. It is now becoming more popular. I have also been lurking around the site most of the time and I am seeing its potentials. It wouldn't hurt to create an account and invest a bit of a time posting there. I think it's going to be worth it if you are really dedicated about it.

4. May102014 New Member

May102014

I have my own account of Pinterest. Yes, it is more exciting for me as I used one of my image collection categorize as a board. I am more interested in D.I.Y crafts so I posted and collected images related to that category and share it to my Facebook account so that my friend can see what I am interested about.

5. blur92 New Member

blur92

In the past month or two I have become quite busy on Pinterest for promoting a Youtube channel. I've gained almost 1,500 followers. Despite this, I feel like it has been one of the least helpful sites for advertising. I think it has something to do with the topic, though. Also, advertising a product rather than a channel would probably be more appropriate for the site.

6. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

Well, I don't think that pins on there really go viral. I would assume that they just get popular based on how many people want to pin that pin. I think the reason that it's so popular is because of women. I'm not trying to exclude men because I'm sure that men use it, but I see more women using it. It's so easy to find a recipe on there. You can find basically anything that you want. It just easy to find stuff, I like looking at the pictures they have and then being able to go to the website. It's easier than looking online through a bunch of articles that I don't care about.