1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Promoting Online

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by danielle davidson, Jul 18, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

Do you find that you have a hard time promoting online? Sometimes I think that I do just because I don't have all the time in the world to try and get more people to come to my blog. I know that I would be able to hire someone, but I don't think that it would be worth it. If I joined some Facebook groups then I would be able to promote more, but right now I think that what I'm doing is enough. Even if I do have a hard time always trying to promote online. So, do you have a hard time promoting online?

2. chinomoreno New Member

I do. As much as possible, or every time a new article is posted on my blog I make sure to share it. It serves as a little heads up to people that such content exist. I find it a bit hard but then again sometimes it depends on what catches people's interest. The audience really play an important role, we should always consider them.

3. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

That is good, I try to do the same thing when I have a new post. I make sure that a get a goood post out to the sites that I think that I have the most reach with. Yeah, it can be hard to get people to come to your page. It can take a lot more than just a few posts online because people don't always like to click on links. Yes, if you are able to offer them something then they will most likely want to go to that page. I know it sounds awful, but that is how humans are.

4. Alunny Member

If you're on a forum you can have small image sigs on, you might want to use Feedburner for your blog/forum/what ever's RSS feed.... you can get a headline animator like this:

I believe you can also use them for some social sites (myspace, blogger, etc) and even email signatures? I'm unsure how well that works, but they're really awesome and have helped me quite a bit. And the above one is customised to show how awesome they can look too. I use them for all of my forums and for my business, and it's brought quite a few people in...the key is eye-catching titles ;).

And the best part? They're set and forgetters! You don't have to do anything ever again!! :D

5. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

Wow, that is awesome. I mean it seems like it would be easy to get people to come to the site from that. I mean I'm pretty tempted to click on the banner. It did come out nice, so this might be something that I could look into. I might be able to use it on my blog. That way it would look a little better. And using it as a signature would be good because then you could use that on forums.

6. Alunny Member

I use different ones for all my sites on forums all over, but I felt it would be a bit rude to post my forum ones here ha ha.

It's definitely good, one of the best parts is that it's non invasive. It just looks like a little web banner and catches your eye if you're interested in what it's showing, otherwise it blends in pretty good (at least the default non customised one does). The default one can also show the date, etc. Be sure if you're using it for forums that you get an RSS feed for topics only, not for replies too! Nothing worse than seeing "Re: blah" 20 times ha ha. Also if your software supports it (SMF does) you can pick your feed boards....mine lets me go to the rss then put &boards=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10 thereby skipping 9 or any other ones I don't want to show up. Very handy!!

7. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

Oh yeah, I mean I doubt that I would post that all over a forum like this. I mean one that is meant for promoting your page and things like that. I have heard that there are a lot of forms like that, so that would be good to use there.

8. Jason76 Member

Facebook groups can be tough because of ad saturation. Often, the odds somebody will see your post, even on groups with over 50,000 members, are slim. However, if you have a really awesome ad, then you might overcome the odds.

9. cwvps New Member

Online promoting is very important. Actually, I cannot imagine how could I promote my services offline. Social media, blogs, forums, updating my blog and sharing new posts, growing community, that is really important. But then again, there are no strict rules - what works for me might not work for someone else.