1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Secured Search WhiteHat Avatar

Discussion in 'Web Browsers' started by toradrake, Jan 29, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

Do you worry who is tracking you on the net? I was reading this article and it talked about secured search engines. It named WhiteHat Aviatar as the #1 secured search. I am actually downloading it now to check it out.

WhiteHat Avatar is a secured search browser and according to the article it does not communicate with Google and is filled to the teeth with security to prevent malicious attacks and tracking. Any every heard of or use this? What is your take on this?

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

You mean WhiteHat Aviator. I had never heard of it before but, since I like browsers, I have downloaded the Mac version and I'll let you know what I think.

Later...

I've installed it on my iMac. It seems fast enough, and pages are presented fine. For some reason, I couldn't log into either of a couple of password-protected sites that I tried to log into, including this forum. Despite double-checking on usernames and passwords, it would still tell me that they were wrong. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out later.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  3. toradrake Member

toradrake

Haven't had those issues. I did discover it is not as secure as it says. I went to a vpn site to take a look at it and at the top of the site it shows you your IP address. Maybe I was wrong but I thought it was suppose to hide that. Other then that it seems like a decent browser to use.

4. Rainman New Member

Rainman

I think the easy way to avoid being tracked rather than using browsers which may not be all that secure as it is claimed is to change your browsers preferences. In Firefox for example, you can set your preferences so browser "tells" websites you don't want to be tracked. Or you can disable cookies. When a website forces you to enable cookies so they can track you, once you are off the site, delete the cookies then continue browsing.

For me though, I don't care if websites track me or not.

5. toradrake Member

toradrake

Unfortunately that doesn't work either. All my settings for all my browsers is set like that.

Personally I don't care to much either.... but I have friends who do and I try to find them things they may like when I'm snooping about.

6. xTinx New Member

xTinx

This is the first time I'm hearing of WhiteHat Aviator. I already have four different browsers in my laptop and to avoid detection I simply set them to private browsing. Sometimes, I use a proxy but doing so does give me trouble when logging in to personal accounts. Since I have no problem getting tracked, I'm all right not using WhiteHat Aviator for now.

7. toradrake Member

toradrake

I stopped using it because I started having issues with it. It would not open and such things as that. I also did not see the benefit. The IxQuick search engine I have been using seems to work better then the White Hat Aviator has in keeping me incognito. I know the paid for stuff works best, but wish they would create free stuff that works almost as good at least.