1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Seo Is It Still Needed

Discussion in 'Search Engines' started by DirtRider, Aug 7, 2015.

1. DirtRider New Member

DirtRider

Over the years we have read endless articles on how hiring a company that targets SOE is the only way to get high rating on a search engine. so is this still true in today’s market. A number of people will argue that yes it is the only way to go and other will say no unique content is the new way of the future.

We read in 2013 when Google released their new algorithms for search engines that the days of SEO trick were over and that Google will actually penalize site still using these old trick., key words also seems like it was thing of the past. However if you look at a lot of sites they still using key words in their pages, so what is the right approach as it is now a bit grey as to how to get those great rankings and possibly appear on the first page of Google searches.

Over the years I have never used any of the above SEO tricks mostly because I could never warrant paying a company on a promise of getting my site to the first page. With this said my one site slowly started building up in both member participation and unique content and I am happy to say I now do feature on the first page on a Google search

Do we tend just to expect our sites to rank right up there straight off as we will always see our site as being the best one around in that particular niche. Well the reality is nothing really is a given besides just putting in a load of hard work into your site from the start.

We are also seeing that later forum software is becoming more SEO friendly right out the box so to speak. So now you stuck with another question, do I change forum software to one that is supposed to work or do I contract with one of the SEO companies to help me out?

2. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

SEO is a working progress and it is not a secret that the only constant thing in SEO is change.
    SEO and content are still quite different, its approach but what's common about these two is the aim to target a market.
    To answer your question though, well if you do not have enough knowledge on SEO then I think it isn't that bad to seek for help.
    Besides, optimizing a forum site is a tedious job.

3. Jason76 Member

Jason76

You might be able to do SEO by yourself, but it will cost a lot of money, just as it would if you were hiring somebody. For instance, you would have to buy tons of quality content. Next, you would have to do expert social media marketing. Actually, even if you chose to avoid SEO and just buy quality traffic, then that would also cost a lot of money.

4. cwvps New Member

cwvps

My advice is to definitely opt for doing SEO. Now, whether you choose to hire someone or you choose to do it yourself, it doesn't matter as long as it's done properly.

5. 111kg New Member

111kg

SEO will always be needed, but in order for the optimization techniques to work, they will have to evolve. Don't forget there are different types of SEO. For instance, we have on page optimization (which is recommended even by Google) and off site optimization, which is a bit harder to do, especially with free links.

Most of the old SEO techniques are now obsolete and will only bring a penalty. Yet, there are a lot of spammers ranking high and that wouldn't be possible if they hadn't found a way to avoid the penalties.