1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Social Media Marketing Tips #01

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by Rainman, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Rainman New Member

Rainman

Good marketers know their target audience. Anyone who wants their social media marketing campaign to be successful must first identify their target audience. Then proceed to step #2.

Step #2.
    Once you find out on which social media networks your target audience hang out, you'll need to choose only two or three platforms so it can be easier for you to build a stronger presence. Instead of trying to market on six or seven social media networks you'll spend more time on fewer social networks getting your target audience acquainted with you [and whatever products you are promoting].

Step #3
    Join groups that discuss anything related to your niche. Be an active, helpful member the goal being to earn their trust first before you proceed to . . .

Step #4
    Once you have earned their trust . . .

It's pretty simple from there on, right?

2. Scorp Member

Scorp

That's great, for serious stuff.

One tip that I would give that can go a bit in contradiction with what you said, or even better, in synergy with what you said, and that is -> Automate as much as possible.

I mean, obviously, you should reply to any comments your shares get and things like that in an effort to build relationships with your target audience. But on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with scheduling some automated updates, and making your new posts get automatically shared on social networks.

And that way you can use more social networks than you would otherwise use. Say you concentrate on Facebook and Twitter, and you do all these things, there's no harm in setting up automatic sharing on LinkedIn as well, or throwing an account on Pinterest and sharing your content there as well.

And the less you care about your particular website, the more you can automate things, I'd say... Especially if you're not actually selling a product, because if you're selling a product you do have to go about it differently, since you'll have to respond to any inquiries about your product or complains and things...

For me, automation is a life saver! Or a time saver, hehe :)

Rainman likes this.
  3. LitoLawless New Member

LitoLawless

This is actually pretty interesting stuff. A lot of this are things that you would think someone would already be aware of, but you'd be surprised at the amount of people that need it spelled out. I think keeping things simple is the best way to do things and these tips will definitely help a lot of people do that.

4. xTinx New Member

xTinx

For marketing to look and sound more authentic and authoritative, then the three points you mentioned above would come in handy. There are times, though, when you don't have a lot of opportunities to do things manually. In those cases, you can take advantage of online programs that allow you to schedule as many social posts as possible.

Rainman likes this.
  5. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

It seems like it would be simple enough. I mean I'm sure that you can get many people on your site that way. I like the tip where you should focus on a small amount of places to promote. I normally will promote once to many sites because I always thought that worked the best. Thinking about it now, I'm not able to give my full attention to more than one site. I will have to try this out.

6. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

That's why I only stick to the best social networking sites that works well for my site.
    This technique is not a secret anymore. Choose only the best social media sites that you think fits your business niche.