1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

The forum is up, sort of.

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by WDFAdmin, Oct 28, 2014.

1. WDFAdmin Administrator

Staff Member

I am very sorry that we lost the last forum. I don't have time to get into the details of that right now because it's after 3:00 a.m. here and I am tired, but I will go into it with you in due time.

The new forum is powered by Xenforo, and I think it will do us well. I am not as familiar with it as I hope to be before long, so it is very likely that there are things that aren't working.

But I wanted to give you a chance to look around. We can consider this to be a beta test. Please let me know if you come across anything that doesn't seem to be working, or that you find confusing.

Not everything is configured yet. For example, promotions will be determined by a trophy point system, which will certainly include your posting activity here, but you will also receive points whenever you get likes from other forum members or when you reach other milestones. The forum is set to award most of them automatically, that is if I have everything set up correctly, but there are others that I'll be awarding manually.

If you click into the "Terms and Rules" link at the bottom of the page, you'll see a submenu on the left of the page that will tell you, among other things, which trophies I have added thus far. Not all of them are working the way they are supposed to yet, and I will be adding more, but that's what we have right now.

If you were a member of the old forum, please message me and let me know what your user name was there. In order to get you off to a good start, when you answer the question in your profile, or during the login procedure, about whether you were a member of the previous forum, it is supposed to automatically award you 25 points (Original), plus allow you several privileges that you would otherwise have to earn through the point system. Then, once I check to see how active you were in the old forum, those who had at least 50 posts there will be given another 40 points (Veteran Original). However, when I registered my Converse account, it didn't automatically award me the 25 points and I haven't yet figure out how to award it manually.

I know that it can be done though, but I'm tired.

2. WDFAdmin Administrator

Staff Member

I wanted to mention that it did automatically award the Original trophy to my Converse account; it just didn't do it right away, so it looks like that part is working.

3. Fifty New Member

It's looking great so far. I'm a new member and wasn't here before, however, so I couldn't say if it's better than what it was previously.

4. Converse Active Member

It will be better, because Xenforo offers a better backbone for it than I had with ProBoards. Unfortunately, it may take some time to regather and gather a base of active members.

5. vegito12 New Member

I have just joined this forum, and have a bit of a look around and it looks great and has a nice look. The buttons have worked well, and have had no issues so far which is good. I will browse more and see, what works and what does not work and will let you know of any issues I come across.