1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Notice Upgrade in Progress

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by WDFAdmin, Nov 21, 2014.

1. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

I have just upgraded to a new version of Xenforo. There was a brief time when the forum may have been down but since this was after 1:00 a.m. I am guessing that it didn't affect too many of you. In the future, I will use this thread to warn of any upgrades prior to beginning them.

2. toradrake Member

toradrake

What time zone are you in, for future reference?

3. Converse Active Member

Converse

Eastern Standard (New England).

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

OK thank you... now I can calculate the time difference. :)

5. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

I will be upgrading my version of Xenforo as well as a few of the plugins that I am using. I don't anticipate this to cause any downtown except, perhaps, very briefly, but who knows what might happen during these things. I have lost forums during upgrades before.

6. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

Okay, that seems to have gone okay. There was a brief downtime but that was necessary while the files were being updated, and not indicative of a problem. We're good to go now.

7. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

There is another upgrade available for for the forum script, as well as some of the plugins that we're running here, so sometime tonight I'll probably be upgrading the forum. Usually, this is fairly unobtrusive, except for a short period of time where it might close while the files are actually being updated. I don't expect any problems with this but I wanted to let you know in the event that you get locked out for a period of time. There is no need for you to do anything special about this, other than maybe preparing any particularly long posts in a text editor in the event that it bumps you while you're in the process of posting.

8. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

Okay, it appears that we got through the upgrades without too much trouble. I am having a slight problem with the navigation plugin, which allows for the navigation tabs for Reviews, Digest, Directory, and Glossary, but I'll figure that out before long, I'm sure. Everything else seems to be working.

9. Converse Active Member

Converse

Okay, all is well. No one is posting here, but everything is in working order, otherwise.

10. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

I'll be doing some upgrades tonight, of the forum software, theme, and plugins. I don't anticipate any trouble but the forum will be down for a short period of time during the process.

11. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

Okay, all upgrades are complete.

12. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

Sometime tomorrow or tomorrow night, I'll be updating the script for this forum, as well as a few other behind-the-scenes stuff. I am not anticipating any problems, but there may be a brief period of time in which the forum will be inaccessible. Just a heads up.