1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Using Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by Converse, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Converse Active Member

As I have mentioned in other threads, finding that I cannot access my Bing account from my MacBook, since I don't seem to have my Microsoft password handy, I have tried a few other search engines and metasearches.

In a search for sites relating to Henderson, Nevada, I have tried Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Blekko, and Webcrawler, finding them to be inferior to Bing. Having now tried Google, I have to say that Bing gives me better results.

For my purposes, I am specifically looking for top-level domains relating to the city. These may be local government sites, churches, schools, businesses, organizations, or whatever. I could deal with Google results just fine, having used Google before in my work, while Blekko would be wholly insufficient and Yahoo would be difficult, Bing gives better results. Too many of the results that Google gives me on the first pages consist of scraped content sites, deep links, and hotel chains, some of which don't even relate to Henderson.

Even without my points, I'll be using Bing. I can get the job done better with Bing.