1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Using Pinterest

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by danielle davidson, Jul 24, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

Do you like to use Pinterest to try and get people to your site? And if so, how are you able to use it? I find that not many people from Pinterest come to my page when I post something on there. Is it all about the people who are following you? Because if so, then you would have to work hard to try and get people to your Pinterest. I don't think that I would want to use that in that case. So, how are you able to use Pinterest to get more people to your page?

2. cwvps New Member

cwvps

You can attract then through your Facebook page, if you're successful there. But it seems to me that Pinterest has a specific group of people there, mostly people who care about their lifestyle, food choices, wellness, recipes... You would really need to target your audience, create your own boards, follow other people, re-pin their posts and use hashtags.

3. DirtRider New Member

DirtRider

I am really starting to wonder if any of these types of sites actually enhance your forum at all, every time I have tried them it seems that I have had others following my page and images but not really hitting back onto my forum at all. From what I am seeing is that the best way is to really focus more on your actual forum content being unique and great information for your forum niche.

The idea I had with using Pinterest was more to try and obtain a few back link but overall I also did not notice much improvement on my search ranking by doing this. Obviously I was also expecting a few hits from people following my page to take a bit of time and checkout the actual forum itself but once again not much in that department either.

4. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Pinterest is a way to attract people. But in order to do that you'll need catchy images.
    However it doesn't work for all type of niche, but it can be a good option for some certain niches.