1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Video Is In for Social Media Reach

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by toradrake, Feb 21, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I was reading in WebProNews that photo's are not the way to go in social media reach anymore. According to graph presented by Social Baker, Video seems to be the thing to look into now. Guess I can understand that. People like moving pictures more so then still ones. Videos are highly sought after.... Here is a link to the article... what do you think?

Facebook Organic Reach Compared By Post Type

2. Scorp Member

Scorp

I agree, videos are major.

Although, there's a problem with videos. And that problem is going back to what was previously said.

When I read an article and then want to go back to some points in the article and read them again, or I'm following a tutorial and I want to go to one of the previous steps, an article (text) is easy to do that, while with video it's not so easy. And especially on long videos where you can easily get lost trying to go back and forward.

And one thing that's similar to videos is just audio files, and I highly dislike those. Even a video with only pictures is preferable to me than a pure audio file. I find audio files boring and annoying, and I can never sit and listen to them...

3. toradrake Member

toradrake

I agree with you on the rereading of pieces of information, but it seems that most people like the be lazy and just see and hear rather then read. In a way I also think it has something to do with being busy too.

Scorp likes this.
  4. Rainman New Member

Rainman

While videos might be more popular [on social media] these days, you need to remember:

- not everyone watches videos because they don't like them.
    - those whose internet connections are slow [and they are many] may desire to watch the video but . . . can't.
    - those using old phones to browse the net . . .

You need to vary your content in order to reach everyone. Focus on videos only and you'll lose.

5. xTinx New Member

xTinx

I would agree that videos have become more and more important lately but that doesn't mean you have to do away with pictures completely because they still drive organic traffic to your web pages (and it's true in my context). Besides, whether you're using videos or pictures, if both are of the highest quality possible, no consumer would feel the need to say NO.

6. Converse Active Member

Converse

I rarely watch videos on websites.

7. toradrake Member

toradrake

I have not choice but to watch videos on websites. LOL I don't own a TV, haven't for years.

8. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I can see why they would do that. Many people get more from watching a video than they would from looking at a picture. I would rather watch a video online, then just look at a photo. I will be more apt to look at what that person is selling to trying to show. I know that some people don't like videos, but there are people like me who like them. I am able to get more from them.