1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Writing Websites

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by danielle davidson, Jun 12, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

So, I've been trying to write online for awhile but I haven't been able to find one that is good. I heard that Triond.com is good, well it was a couple years back. I have been writing for them, but you have to get about 1,000 views in order to get one cent. I think that's pretty ridiculous. So now I'm trying to look for a website that is better than that. Even if I got a penny for every view that would be even better. I work hard on my writing and I would love to take my work elsewhere. So if anyone knows any good sites, please let me know!

2. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Sorry, but I don't think Triond.com is worth it. :D You would have better luck advertising your writing services on a high traffic webmaster forum. You could possibly make a lot more money, but you have to develop a good reputation first. Well, the good news is that the advertising is usually free.

3. Scorp Member

Scorp

Honestly, if you're serious about making money online, start thinking about making your own website sooner rather than later.

All those revenue sharing sites give you no security. They're unreliable. They're here today gone tomorrow. They pay today don't pay tomorrow. They allow affiliate links today, they don't tomorrow. They pay an X amount of money per view/like/comment today, they don't tomorrow, they pay less.

On your own website, while it will be a mammoth task to get it going and to start seeing some real traffic to it, it's Yours. Your ads, your affiliate links, YOUR rules!

That's my advise...

Because just as you think you'll start getting some killer passive income from your 1,000 articles you posted on Triond or whichever Triond, they'll do something to mess it up for you, or stop paying altogether, and you're left with nothing. Think about it.

4. rabst New Member

rabst

This is an exciting post, for me at least. I guess I have 'loophole-seeking instincts' that drive me to push little rules as far as I can to see if they'll break.

See, I'm a member of a 'writing site'-network that gets me paid-per-post (as long as I stick to all the rules each client set down and -all the general rules for network-members ... general rules which--though the general rules might be written down somewhere--are generally learned by members through experience).

And one of those rules (actually-written by most individual clients, though it's kind of a general rule ... because they want people joining more 'for the opportunity to deeply discuss topics' than 'for the money') is MENTIONING ... them; which is why I don't link to the site nor use its name here nor mention what types of sites the clients we serve own.

LOOPHOLING: I COULD BE TALKING ABOUT ANY WRITERS-NETWORK!
    (although I'm pretty-sure you won't be able to find it on a directory--sticking to this forum's topic ;) ... especially if you're looking for "making money"-etc.--because program-owners are SURE to flood their SEO with exactly the 'money' you think you're looking for, and most of them only want your writing and its audience to get THEMSELVES the revenue they bargain with advertisers-for.

So it'd probably be better to discuss a few of the 'general rules' I use to keep my paid-for Internet-writing 'high-quality.' One is--even though I don't have to 'pull in audience' when I get paid-per-post (whether anyone reads it or not :cool:)--always write at least 50 words-per-post (about 3-to-5 lines) ... but try not to write TOO MUCH, on account of 'most people on the Internet' just skimming your posts anyway.

Which is why--if you write MORE than 3-to-5 lines--you should break it up into paragraphs of 3-to-5 lines. Think of it as 'cutting your readers' verbal feast into manageable bites.'